2019 Guest Judges: TBA
Contest Time/Location: Sat. April 27, 2019, Time: TBA, Location: Main Stage
Prejudging Time/Location: TBA
Open to all age groups
1. All costumes must adhere to our Costume Rules listed below.
2. Only one costume entry is allowed per participant.
3. All contestants must be on time to line up to receive instructions before the contest begins. Late entries are not allowed.
4. Costumes that placed in previous South Texas Comic Con cosplay contests will not be eligible for prizes.
5. At least 70% of the costume must be made by the wearer to be eligible for a prize. If a model is wearing the costume, the creator must be present for the costume to be eligible.
6. Walk-on Entries - cosplayers who would like to participate in the contest, but either do not want to compete for a prize, or are ineligible for a prize do not need to attend the prejudging portion.
1. Judging criteria consists of two main categories – craftsmanship (construction, design, accuracy) and performance (stage presence, crowd impact), with an emphasis on craftsmanship.
2. To be eligible for a prize you must participate in pre-judging.
1. Contestants will have 30 seconds to walk onto the stage and pose for the audience and judges.
2. Microphones will not be provided to contestants during the contest.
3. We will not be accepting lighting or audio requests.
4. Large costumes should allow the wearer freedom to move and navigate ramps. South Texas Comic Con staff may not be available to assist you, so if assistance is needed you may have up to two of your own assistants help you across the stage.
1.South Texas Comic Con is a family friendly event. Costumes deemed lewd, obscene or offensive by South Texas Comic Con or McAllen Convention Center staff will not be permitted into the event.
2. Some form of footwear is required, bare feet will not be permitted for your safety.
Pictures and video taken by South Texas Comic Con official photographers and videographers during the event are the property of South Texas Conventions LLC and may be used by South Texas Conventions LLC for advertising and promotion of future events.